Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Molly, 26, Astoria NY

Hi.  I'm Molly.  Welcome to my bathroom.


I live in Astoria, NY - although I tell my relatives I live in "New York City" because Astoria is hard to explain and it sounds fancier.  I live with two other girls and we all share this sexy pink bathroom.


We are all starving artists toughing it out with dull day jobs.  One roommate is an aspiring singer/actor who works the reception of a spa all day and the other is a dancer (no, a classy modern dancer, you pervs) who is... currently unemployed.


And then there's me.  To be honest, I haven't quite figured out my life pursuit, but I know it doesn't involve sitting at a desk all day, which is what I do now.  I work a soul-sucking administrative job at a small theatre company / musical theatre conservatory.  I do the payroll, go to the bank, write the company blog, handle ticketing, cater receptions, and a bazillion other things.


I'm trying not to worry so much right now about planning my entire future.  I've taken a bunch of classes at UCB and for now I'm really into comedy stuff.  I perform with an improv group and have been especially jazzed about storytelling and memoir/personal essay writing lately.


I'm fairly new at this whole photography game.  This Nikon, which I bought off of my awesome friend Dave, is the first digital camera I've ever owned.  I've had a number of point-and-shoot film cameras but was always super disappointed with the prints because I had no idea how to set up a shot.  I'm teaching myself with this camera... it's gonna be FUN.


And yeah: the exotic bird shower door is one of the best parts of my entire apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment